Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Upper Tularosa Valley
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 3:48 PM MDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on May 06, 2016
123 PM MDT Wed may 4 2016
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Friday afternoon through
early Friday evening...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Friday afternoon through
early Friday evening.
* Area and timing... middle Rio Grande Valley and Sandia... Manzano
and Gallinas Mountains Friday afternoon into early evening.
* 20 foot winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with some gusts between
35 or 45 mph.
* Relative humidity... minimum of 10 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Fire Weather Watch.
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon
through Friday evening for low humidities... strong winds and a high
fire danger rating for fire weather zones 055... 110... 111 and
* affected area... fire weather zone 110. Fire weather zone 111.
Fire weather zone 112. Fire weather zone 113. Fire weather
zone 055. Fire weather zone 056.
* Wind... southwest winds of 25 to 35 mph with some gust of 45
to 50 mph.
* Humidity... lowest humidities will be under 10%
* thunderstorms... isolated thunderstorms with some dry
lightning possible mainly over the mountainous terrain.
* Impacts... very strong winds will result in fires spreading
rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Washington - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory