Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Central Tularosa Basin
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 6:51 AM MDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM
MDT this evening due to strong winds and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
issued a red flag warning... which is in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 8 PM MDT this evening. This replaces the Fire
Weather Watch previously in effect.
* Areas affected: much of the southern New Mexico lowlands
including fire weather zones 111 and the southern half of zone
112. Also Texas fire weather zones 055 and 056.
* Timing: today from 1 PM through 8 PM MDT.
* Winds: sustained 20-foot winds of around 20 mph with gusts to
* Humidity: 10 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire growth potential.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory