San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Upper Gila River Valley
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:03 PM MDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 22, 2014
312 PM MDT sun Sep 21 2014
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued an
* Arroyo and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
east Central Grant County in south central New Mexico...
* until 900 PM MDT
* at 502 PM MDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
thunderstorms with heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler
radar estimated 1.0 to 1.5 inches of rain over the area in the
* Locations impacted include...
Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause flooding along small
streams and at low water crossings.
Additional rainfall amounts of up to an inch are possible in the
Low water crossings are dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to
travel across flooded roads. It only takes a few inches of swiftly
flowing water to carry vehicles away.
Lat... Lon 3292 10791 3271 10779 3264 10785 3282 10798
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of south central and southwest New Mexico and far West
Texas. In New Mexico counties include... Hidalgo... Grant... Sierra
Luna... Dona Ana... and Otero. In Texas counties include... El Paso
* This evening through Monday afternoon.
* Scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms capable of
producing widespread moderate to heavy rainfall will occur
over the affected area through Monday afternoon. Widespread
rain amounts of 1 to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts
will fall on already saturated soil... resulting in
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of streets...
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will
be possible. Some flooding could become life threatening.
People living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take
action if rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Smoke Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Weather Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement