Current Watches and Warnings
New Jersey, Coastal Ocean
Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:49 AM EDT on September 30, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on September 30, 2016
140 am EDT Fri Sep 30 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Delaware... northeast Maryland... southern New
Jersey and southeast Pennsylvania... including the following
areas... in Delaware... Delaware beaches... inland Sussex... Kent
and New Castle. In northeast Maryland... Caroline... Cecil...
Kent MD... Queen Annes and Talbot. In southern New Jersey...
Atlantic... Atlantic coastal Cape May... Camden... Cape May...
coastal Atlantic... coastal ocean... Cumberland... Gloucester...
northwestern Burlington... ocean... Salem and southeastern
Burlington. In southeast Pennsylvania... Delaware and
* Through this afternoon
* heavy rainfall will continue to affect the area through today.
Widespread 3 to 6 inches inches has fallen across portions of
the Delmarva and southern New Jersey over the last two days,
with higher amounts of 10-12 inches across far southern
Delaware. Additional periods of moderate to heavy rainfall today
will lead to more flooding and exacerbate existing flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
... High rip current risk remains in effect through this
... Coastal Flood Advisory in effect from 7 am this morning to
noon EDT today...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a coastal
Flood Advisory... which is in effect from 7 am this morning to
noon EDT today.
* Location... the New Jersey shore and Delaware beaches.
* Coastal flooding... minor tidal flooding is expected with the
Friday morning high tide.
* Risk of rip currents... there is a high risk of dangerous rip
currents through tonight.
* Timing... high tide on the ocean front is expected between 7 and
9 am. High tide on the Bay Side may occur up to 2 hours later.
The high risk of rip currents will continue through this
* Impacts... roadway flooding is expected near the time of high
* Surge... total water level will be one to two feet above
astronomical tides. Heavy rain at the time of high tides could
exacerbate coastal flooding... leading to total water levels even
* Waves... up to 9 feet.
A coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is
expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some Road
closures. Usually... the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal
flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The
water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting
yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged... leading to
For a list of the impact of different tide heights in your
County please go to www.Weather.Gov/phi/tides
There is a high risk of rip currents. A high risk of rip currents
implies that wind and/or wave conditions will support the
development of very strong rip currents. These rip currents will
be life threatening to anyone who enters the surf.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
For a list of the impact of different tide heights in your County
please visit www.Weather.Gov/phi/tides
Statement as of 5:42 AM EDT on September 30, 2016
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on September 30, 2016
... Wind Advisory now in effect until noon EDT today...
* locations... Sussex County Delaware and coastal sections of
central and southern New Jersey.
* Winds... northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... winds will slowly diminish through the morning hours.
* Impacts... small tree limbs may break causing a few power
outages. High profile vehicles will be subject to unexpected
and uncontrolled movement in strong gusts.
A Wind Advisory means that very windy conditions are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Light-weight outdoor
objects such as patio furniture and garbage cans should be
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Warning
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Puerto Rico - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory