Current Watches and Warnings
New Hampshire, Western And Central Hillsborough
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:57 PM EDT on July 31, 2015
... Tornado confirmed near Warner in Merrimack County New
Location... Warner in Merrimack County New Hampshire
date... July 30 2015
estimated time... 5:53 PM EDT
maximum ef-scale rating... E-F0
estimated maximum wind speed... 75 mph
maximum path width... 100 yards
path length... 0.4 miles
beginning lat/Lon... 43.2869n 71.8283w
ending lat/Lon... 43.2912n 71.8228w
* fatalities... 0
* injuries... 0
* the information in this statement is preliminary and subject to
change pending final review of the event(s) and publication in
NWS storm data.
the National Weather Service in Gray ME has confirmed a tornado
near Warner in Merrimack County New Hampshire on July 30 2015.
The tornado touched down near Route 103 to the east of the
Exit 9 interchange on Interstate 89... then moved northeast crossing
Split Rock Road and lifting off the ground just prior to reaching
Kearsarge Mountain Road. The most significant damage occurred
between Split Rock and Kearsarge mountain roads where the tornado
snapped or uprooted about 25 trees and tore a portion of the roof
off a large storage building. A 12-ft by 24-ft section of the roof
was found in a wooded area about 200 yards from the building...
however... most of the missing roof was not located.
This is the first known tornado in New Hampshire in 2015. The
last tornado/waterspout in New Hampshire occurred over
Lake Winnipesaukee on July 24 2014. The last tornado in
Merrimack County was July 24 2008.
This information can also be found on our website at
For reference... the Enhanced Fujita scale classifies tornadoes
into the following categories:
EF0... wind speeds 65 to 85 mph.
EF1... wind speeds 86 to 110 mph.
EF2... wind speeds 111 to 135 mph.
EF3... wind speeds 136 to 165 mph.
EF4... wind speeds 166 to 200 mph.
EF5... wind speeds greater than 200 mph.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report