Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:54 AM CDT on August 30, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of north central Kansas and south central Nebraska...
including the following areas... in north central Kansas...
Jewell... Mitchell... Osborne... Phillips... Rooks and Smith. In
south central Nebraska... Adams... Clay... Fillmore... Franklin...
Harlan... Kearney... Nuckolls... Thayer and Webster.
* Through this afternoon
* slow-moving thunderstorms will be possible and this could lead
to excessive rainfall amounts and flash flooding.
* Very heavy rainfall rates of 2 inches per hour will be
* Some areas within the watch area have received substantial
rainfall in the last 24 to 36 hrs or within the last 30 days. If
heavy rain falls on saturated soil... it will rapidly be
converted to runoff.
* Impacts... flooding of low lying areas could occur. Roads could
be covered and impassible due to flowing or standing water.
Roadway pavement may be washed away. Some dirt and secondary
gravel roads could be washed out. Rapid rises could occur in
rivers... creeks and streams.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Hurricane Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Michigan - Special Weather Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning