Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 2:33 PM CDT on October 10, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 11, 2015
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon
through Sunday evening for wind and low relative humidity for
fire weather zones 039... 040... 041... 046... 047... 048... 060...
061... 062 and 063...
* affected area... in Nebraska... fire weather zone 039 valley...
fire weather zone 040 Greeley... fire weather zone 041 Nance...
fire weather zone 046 Sherman... fire weather zone 047 Howard...
fire weather zone 048 Merrick... fire weather zone 060 Dawson...
fire weather zone 061 Buffalo... fire weather zone 062 Hall and
fire weather zone 063 Hamilton.
* Wind... sustained from the southwest or west at 15 to around 20
mph... with gusts generally 20 to 28 mph.
* Relative humidity... dropping to 20 percent or lower between 2 PM
and 7 PM. Unseasonably warm afternoon temperatures in the lower
90s will only enhance the potential for extremely low relative
humidity values. The relative humidity will recover after 7 PM.
* Impacts... any fires that might develop will potentially spread
quickly and be difficult to control. Those engaging in harvest
activities are encouraged to use caution involving potential
Sparks or flames.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to potentially occur. Listen for later forecasts and
possible red flag warnings.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory, High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory
- New York - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report