Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:21 AM CDT on October 13, 2015
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on October 13, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 6 PM
CDT this evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire
weather zones 039... 040... 041... 046... 047... 048... 049... 061...
062... 063... 064... 075... 076 and 077...
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a red flag
warning for wind and low relative humidity... which is in effect
from 1 PM this afternoon to 6 PM CDT this evening.
* Affected area... in Nebraska... fire weather zone 039 valley...
fire weather zone 040 Greeley... fire weather zone 041 Nance...
fire weather zone 046 Sherman... fire weather zone 047 Howard...
fire weather zone 048 Merrick... fire weather zone 049 Polk...
fire weather zone 061 Buffalo... fire weather zone 062 Hall...
fire weather zone 063 Hamilton... fire weather zone 064 York...
fire weather zone 075 Adams... fire weather zone 076 Clay and
fire weather zone 077 Fillmore.
* Winds... sustained from the northwest at generally 15 to 22
mph... with gusts up to around 28 mph.
* Relative humidity... bottoming out generally in the 14 to 20
* Impacts... any fires that might develop will potentially spread
quickly and be difficult to control. Those engaging in harvest
activities or other field work are encouraged to use caution
involving potential Sparks or flames.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Freeze Watch, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory
- - Small Craft Advisory