San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Golden Valley
Statement as of 7:25 PM MDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
The National Weather Service in Bismarck has issued a
* Tornado Warning for...
southwestern Billings County in southwest North Dakota...
central Golden Valley County in southwest North Dakota...
north central Slope County in southwest North Dakota...
* until 800 PM MDT
* at 722 PM MDT... a confirmed tornado was located 6 miles west of
Wibaux... and moving east at 45 mph.
Hazard... damaging tornado and quarter size hail.
Source... public confirmed tornado.
Impact... flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage
to roofs... windows and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is
* The tornado will be near...
beach around 745 PM MDT.
Sentinel Butte around 755 PM MDT.
To repeat... a tornado is on the ground. Take cover now. Move to an
interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid
windows. If in a Mobile home... a vehicle or outdoors... move to the
closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris.
Report tree and property damage... estimated wind speed and hail
size... to facebook at fb.Com/usnationalweatherservicebismarck... or
twitter at twitter.Com/nwsbismarck. Reach US by phone at
701-223-4582. Your report is very important.
Lat... Lon 4705 10406 4710 10405 4711 10340 4651 10339
time... Mot... loc 0125z 283deg 38kt 4698 10426
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 7:24 PM MDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 439 remains in effect until 900 PM MDT
. North Dakota counties included are
Adams Billings Bowman
Burke Divide Dunn
Golden Valley Hettinger McKenzie
Mountrail slope Stark
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 7:03 PM MDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 25, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect until 1 am CDT /midnight MDT/
The National Weather Service in Bismarck has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect until 1 am CDT /midnight MDT/
* Timing... this evening.
* Winds... westerly wind gusts in excess of 60 mph.
* Impacts... these winds will make driving high profile vehicles
hazardous... working on outdoor structures dangerous and may
cause property damage.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or is occurring. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... and or
gusts of 58 mph or higher can lead to property damage.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:20 PM CDT on July 24, 2014
... Safety rules for severe Summer storms...
A (severe thunderstorm/tornado) watch has been issued by the
National Weather Service. The following information and safety
rules may save your life.
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable for the
development of severe thunderstorms and possibly tornadoes.
During a watch... you should go about your normal business... but
stay updated on the latest weather developments and be prepared
to go to a place of safety.
A warning means that severe thunderstorms or tornadoes have been
reported... or have been detected by radar. People in the warned area
should seek shelter immediately.
Severe thunderstorms produce damaging winds... large hail... heavy
rains... and deadly lightning. Watch for signs of an approaching
storm. Keep a NOAA Weather Radio with you.
Flying debris from damaging thunderstorm winds can injure or
kill. Seek shelter from the wind. Stay away from windows and move
to the center of the building.
Lightning is a killer so do not use electrical appliances during
thunderstorms. Use the phone only in an emergency. If caught
outdoors... get off of open vehicles such as farm and construction
Avoid areas prone to flash flooding such as Dry Creek beds... small
streams and dips in the Road.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement