Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Outer Banks Dare
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:13 AM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from 8 am EDT this
morning through this evening...
* hazards... high threat of rip currents.
* Location... beaches north of Cape Hatteras.
* Timing and tides... the strongest rip currents usually occur
within a few hours either side of low tide... which occurs around
* Surf height... 2 to 4 feet
Swim near a lifeguard. If caught in a rip current remain calm.
Don't fight the current. Swim in a direction following the
shoreline. When out of the current... swim back to shore. If
tired... float or tread water until out of the rip current. If
unable to escape... face the shore and call or wave for help.
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement