San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Pamlico
Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:55 PM EST on March 07, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EST on March 08, 2014
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST
* location... adjacent to the Pamlico Sound and Neuse River.
* Coastal flooding... water level rises 2 to 3 feet above normal.
* Timing... waters levels will peak this afternoon... then gradually
subside tonight as winds shift north and northwest.
* Impacts... minor flooding of areas adjacent to the Pamlico
Sound and Neuse River.
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:20 PM EST on March 07, 2014
severe weather awareness week in North Carolina
March 2 - March 8
This week has been declared North Carolina's severe weather
awareness week for 2014. In addition... this week is also NOAA and
fema's National severe weather preparedness week.
Today's theme is: be a force of nature: be an example - get
Building a weather-ready nation requires the action of all of US.
Each and every person across the country has the potential to be a
force of nature when it comes to weather-readiness. Studies show
that individuals need to receive messages a number of ways before
taking appropriate action. Many are more likely to act when the
messages are received from a trusted source... family... friends...
or a community Leader. By sharing your preparedness actions with
your community... you are being a force of nature.
There are many other ways to get involved... especially before a
disaster occurs. The whole community can participate in programs
and activities to make their families... homes and communities safer
from risks and threats. Here are a few ways you can help:
* volunteer to support disaster efforts in your community. Get
trained and volunteer with a community emergency response team...
medical Reserve corps unit and or other citizen corps partner
program or affiliate organization. Many local Faith-based and
community organizations have programs active in supporting
* Be part of the community planning process. Connect and collaborate
with your local emergency planning group... citizen corps Council
or local emergency management agency.
* Join or start a preparedness project. Find an event or identify
local resources... build a team... choose a project... set goals and
serve your community by improving the preparedness of your
friends... colleagues and neighbors.
* Support major disasters by donating Cash or goods which may help
meet the needs of your community in times of disaster.
This represents only a few of the many ways that individuals and
community organizations can get involved to help communities
lessen... prepare for... respond to and recover from natural
disasters. For additional opportunities that may be unique to your
community... contact your local emergency management agency or
citizen corps Council in your area.
History teaches that a lack of awareness and preparation are common
threads among all major weather threats. Knowing your vulnerability
and what actions you should take can save your life and others.
During this preparedness week... we ask you to be a force of nature
and know your risk... take action and be an example by sharing what you
have done... with your friends... family... coworkers... and others.
Once you have taken action... share your story with your family and
friends. You can create a video and Post it to youtube or another
video sharing site... or Post your story on facebook... linkedin...
twitter... or through other social media sites.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement