Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Davie
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:55 AM EDT on April 19, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2015
... Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northeast Georgia... North Carolina and upstate
South Carolina... including the following areas... in northeast
Georgia... Franklin... Habersham... Hart... Rabun and Stephens. In
North Carolina... Alexander... Avery... Buncombe... Burke
mountains... Cabarrus... Caldwell mountains... Catawba...
Cleveland... Davie... eastern McDowell... eastern Polk...
Gaston... greater Burke... greater Caldwell... greater
Rutherford... Henderson... Iredell... Lincoln... Macon... McDowell
Mountains... Mecklenburg... Mitchell... Polk mountains... Rowan...
Rutherford mountains... southern Jackson... Transylvania and
Yancey. In upstate South Carolina... Anderson... Cherokee...
greater Greenville... greater Oconee... greater Pickens...
Greenville mountains... Oconee mountains... Pickens mountains...
Spartanburg and York.
* Through this evening.
* Moisture will increase across the region on today associated
with a passing warm front. In addition... an upper disturbance
will slide through the region aiding enhancement of any showers
and thunderstorms. Areas of heavy rainfall and potential
flooding are likely with some locations seeing up to 2 to 4
inches of rainfall.
* Where heavy rain occurs... small streams will rise rapidly and
possibly flood surrounding areas.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- New York - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Watch
- - Small Craft Advisory