San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Northern Big Horn
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:21 PM MST on March 07, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
melting snow in...
Big Horn County in south central Montana...
Carbon County in Montana...
* until 400 PM MDT Sunday
* County officials indicated that areas of small stream and low land
flooding continues across portions of the area. The elevated water
levels are a result of rapid lower elevation snow melt.
* Some roads remain closed in Carbon County due to high water... and
ice jam flooding was occurring this afternoon along the Clarks
Fork between Bridger and Edgar. There remains a significant snow
cover in western Carbon County... west of Highway 212... and small
stream flooding may become worse in these areas into the weekend.
* In Big Horn County... low land flooding has been reported near
Wyola. The little Bighorn river remains completely ice
covered... and it is possible that ice jam flooding could occur
this weekend as temperatures turn warmer. If ice jams become
problematic along the little Bighorn river... the town of Hardin
could be at risk.
* Residents along rivers and streams as well as in low lying areas
should be on the look out for increased water levels into the
weekend... and take precautions if necessary.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4500 10918 4532 10960 4562 10897 4564 10879
4547 10869 4546 10832 4552 10808 4589 10804
4590 10788 4599 10768 4605 10767 4605 10743
4596 10742 4596 10718 4587 10694 4568 10691
4568 10673 4518 10677 4518 10627 4500 10627
Statement as of 3:35 AM MST on March 07, 2014
... Record daily precipitation maximum set at Livingston Mt...
a precipitation record of 0.2 inches was set at Livingston Mt yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 0.19 set in 1950.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement