San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Golden Valley
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 12:15 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 4:15 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
The National Weather Service in Billings has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
snow melt in...
Golden Valley County in central Montana...
Wheatland County in central Montana...
Musselshell County in central Montana...
* until 215 PM MDT Sunday
* flooding of small streams... locations along the Musselshell
river... and other low lying areas will continue into Sunday. Some
County roads are impassable due to high water. The combination of
rapid runoff and ice has resulted in high water levels along
portions of the Musselshell river. As of 1100 am Monday... the
worst of the ice jams had shifted east of Roundup... and may impact
locations near Delphia... Musselshell and Melstone today and
tonight. Some bridges may be threatened due to backed up ice and
* Flows along the Musselshell river have decreased near Martinsdale
and Harlowton over the past 24 hours... and water levels are
starting to go down at Shawmut. However... warmer temperatures this
weekend may result in additional increases or only a slow decrease
in overall water levels.
* Residents should act to protect their property and move livestock
and farm equipment to higher ground.
* Locations which may be impacted by flooding include
Harlowton... Shawmut... Ryegate... Lavina... Roundup and Musselshell.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4675 10783 4668 10779 4660 10784 4659 10780
4649 10778 4640 10779 4640 10792 4629 10803
4625 10821 4627 10832 4621 10841 4617 10864
4615 10949 4619 10965 4622 10966 4629 11010
4661 11011 4676 10880
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement