Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 12:30 PM MDT on March 30, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on April 01, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon Tuesday to 9 PM MDT
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon Tuesday to 9 PM MDT
* Impacts: low humidities... unseasonably warm temperatures...
strong gusty winds... and wind shift with a cold front will
create erratic fire behavior.
* Affected area:
in north central WY fire zones... 274... 284.
In south central Mt fire zones... 123... 124... 125... 126... 127
In southeast Mt fire zones... 130... 131... 132.
In southeast Mt and northwest SD fire zone... .133.
* Counties affected:
in central Mt... Golden Valley... Musselshell... Wheatland.
In north central WY... Big Horn... Johnson... Sheridan... Washakie.
In northwest SD... Harding.
In south central Mt... Big Horn... Carbon... park... Stillwater
Sweet Grass... Yellowstone.
In southeast Mt... Carter... Custer... Fallon... Powder River
In southwest Mt... Gallatin.
* Cold front: a strong cold front will move across the region late
Tuesday afternoon and night.
* Wind tuesday: west to southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Wind wednesday: west 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Humidity: 10 to 15 percent Tuesday afternoon and again by
Wednesday afternoon. Only moderate recovery Tuesday night.
* Temperatures: in the 70s across the western zones... and near 80
degrees on the eastern plains Tuesday afternoon. Cooler
Wednesday with highs mainly in the 50s to around 60 degrees.
A combination of gusty winds... low relative humidity... and warm
temperatures will contribute to extreme fire behavior. Please make
sure any recent controlled Burns are completely out. Avoid use of
anything that may spark fires.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning, High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Fire Weather Watch
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement