Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Southern Wheatland
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:30 AM MDT on March 31, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on April 01, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT
* impacts: low humidities... unseasonably warm temperatures...
strong gusty winds... and wind shift with a cold front will
create erratic fire behavior and new fire starts.
* Affected area:
in north central WY fire zones... 274... 284.
In south central Mt fire zones... 123... 124... 125... 126... 127
In southeast Mt fire zones... 130... 131... 132.
In southeast Mt and northwest SD fire zone... .133.
* Counties affected:
in central Mt... Golden Valley... Musselshell... Wheatland.
In north central WY... Big Horn... Johnson... Sheridan... Washakie.
In northwest SD... Harding.
In south central Mt... Big Horn... Carbon... park... Stillwater
Sweet Grass... Yellowstone.
In southeast Mt... Carter... Custer... Fallon... Powder River
In southwest Mt... Gallatin.
* Cold front: a strong cold front will move across the region
late Tuesday afternoon and night.
* Wind tuesday: west to southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to
* Wind wednesday: west 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Humidity: as low as 10 percent.
* Temperatures: in the mid 70s to lower 80s today... with 50s to
lower 60s Wednesday.
A combination of gusty winds... low relative humidity... and warm
temperatures will contribute to extreme fire behavior. Please make
sure any recent controlled Burns are completely out. Avoid use of
anything that may spark fires.
Statement as of 5:02 AM MDT on March 31, 2015
... Record warm low temperature set at Billings Mt...
The low temperature for Billings yesterday (march 30) was 46
degrees. This was a record warm low temperature for the date. The
previous record warmest low temperature for that date was 44
degrees back in 1978.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Dense Fog Advisory
- Georgia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report