San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:36 AM MDT on March 10, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for pass level and above...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for the higher valleys...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow at pass level and the higher
mountains remains in effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday. A Winter
Weather Advisory for snow in the higher valley locations remains
in effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday.
* Timing and main impact: heavy snow will continue to fall at pass
level and above with rain prevailing in the valleys this morning.
Snow levels will fall through the day causing rain to change over
to snow in the higher valleys. Wet heavy snow will make travel
and outdoor activities dangerous.
* Snow accumulations: one to two feet of snow can be expected
at pass level and above. Two to six inches of snow will
affect West Yellowstone... Bozeman and the higher valleys.
Only light snow amounts are expected in the lower valleys.
* Visibility: visibility could be less than one half mile in
* Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous
conditions for Newborn livestock.
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass... Bozeman...
Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... West Yellowstone... Big Hole
Pass... Chief Joseph Pass... Monida Pass... Raynolds Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the
canl link on the left side of the Page.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must... keep an extra flashlight... food... and
water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 1:51 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 11:15 AM EDT on March 10, 2014
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has continued the
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor
drainage areas in Gallatin... northern Madison... Jefferson and
* until 915 am MDT Monday
* warm temperatures continue to melt snow sending moderate amounts
of melt water over some area roads. Small creeks and streams are
currently carrying higher amounts of water and are causing localized
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4539 11246 4549 11270 4563 11269 4577 11250
4576 11223 4584 11244 4630 11258 4657 11203
4657 11164 4678 11158 4663 11133 4644 11124
4641 11106 4628 11113 4620 11106 4619 11077
4558 11079 4534 11102 4522 11103 4513 11244
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Winter Storm Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- New York - Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report