San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Central and Southern Lewis and Clark
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:26 PM MDT on March 10, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am MDT
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect until 3
am MDT Tuesday. A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in
effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday.
* Timing and main impact: snow... heavy at times... will continue
through tonight. The wet heavy snow will make travel and
outdoor activities difficult.
* Snow accumulations: 1 to 2 feet of snow can be expected at
pass level and above. 4 to 8 inches of snow will affect the
foothills area. Only light snow amounts are expected over
the plains or at valley floors.
* Visibility: visibility will be reduced to less than one half
mile at times in heavier snowfall.
* Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous
conditions for Newborn livestock.
* Locations in the Winter Storm Warning include: Boulder Hill...
Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Kings Hill Pass... Flesher
Pass... MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass... Battle Ridge Pass...
Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... Big Hole Pass... Chief Joseph
Pass... Monida Pass... Raynolds Pass.
* Locations in the Winter Weather Advisory include: white
sulphursprings... Stanford... Boulder... Lincoln... Bozeman and
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the
canl link on the left side of the Page.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 5:26 PM MDT on March 10, 2014
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on March 12, 2014
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has extended the
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams in...
Lewis And Clark County in west central Montana
* until 345 PM MDT Wednesday.
Rainfall from Monday and snowmelt will continue to keep water levels
high in area streams and creeks and will likely cause ponding of
water in low lying areas as well as poor drainage areas.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4792 11307 4760 11279 4765 11255 4751 11228
4751 11205 4720 11204 4713 11179 4692 11179
4679 11149 4674 11163 4657 11164 4657 11203
4642 11232 4665 11232 4670 11253 4683 11254
4683 11279 4717 11279 4718 11305 4772 11317
Statement as of 1:57 PM EDT on March 10, 2014
...Record Warm Maximum Temperatures For Mar 9 In North Central
Location new record old record year set
Valentine 66 62 2001
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- Massachusetts - Winter Storm Watch
- Michigan - Winter Storm Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Storm Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- - Gale Warning