Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 2:39 AM MST on December 03, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EST on December 05, 2016
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday morning
through Monday afternoon...
* locations... central and southwest Montana... including Fairfield
... Bozeman... West Yellowstone... Lewistown... Cut Bank... Great
Falls... Kings Hill Pass... Monida Pass... Helena... Lincoln.
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 4 inches of snow in the valleys and
in the mountains 4 to 8 inches.
* Timing... snow will develop Sunday afternoon and continue
through Monday afternoon before tapering off. A period of
moderate to heavy snow is possible... especially Sunday night
into Monday morning.
* Impacts... moderate to at times heavy snow will create
hazardous driving conditions at times. In addition... blowing
and drifting snow is possible... especially Sunday afternoon
into Monday morning... which may lead to very low visibility at
times. Significant travel impacts will be possible for the
Monday morning commute.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Web page: to see a graphical representation of this hazard
please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Avalanche Warning
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Coastal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Wind Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch, High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement