Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, West Glacier Region
Statement as of 2:37 PM MDT on October 16, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 17, 2017
... Wind Advisory in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday.
* Impacts/timing: winds in northwest Montana will increase during
Tuesday afternoon and are expected to peak during the late
afternoon and evening. These winds will cause some tree damage,
difficult driving conditions and large waves on area lakes.
Broad valleys and valleys oriented east to west will have the
biggest impacted from the winds.
* Winds: west 15 to 25 mph with gusts 30 to 45 mph in the
valleys. Gusts in excess of 50 mph in the higher terrain.
* Locations impacted include: Highway 2 Kalispell to Libby,
Highway 37 Eureka to Libby, Highway 56 Bull Lake Road, Highway
93 Eureka to Whitefish, bad Rock Canyon, Essex, Highway 83
Bigfork to Swan Lake, Marias Pass, Polebridge, Flathead Lake,
Flathead Valley, Mission Valley, and Polson
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:47 PM MDT on October 16, 2017
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on October 17, 2017
... Red flag warning for strong gusty winds and low humidity in
effect from 11 am to 7 PM MDT Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 11 am to 7 PM MDT Tuesday.
* Impacts: low humidities and strong gusty winds will create
erratic fire behavior and an increased risk of new fire starts,
especially across the plains.
* Affected area:
in north central Montana, fire weather zones 112, 113, 114, 115
* Counties affected:
in central Montana, Cascade, Fergus, Judith Basin
Lewis And Clark, Meagher.
In north central Montana, Blaine, Chouteau, Glacier, hill
Liberty, Pondera, Teton, Toole.
* Wind: southwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Humidity: as low as 15 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- California - Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Record Report
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico -
- New York - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement