San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:33 AM CDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Cherokee County in southeast Kansas...
McDonald County in southwest Missouri...
Newton County in southwest Missouri...
southern Jasper County in southwest Missouri...
southwestern Crawford County in southeast Kansas...
western Barry County in southwest Missouri...
* until 1000 am CDT.
* At 330 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Radar estimated rainfall
amounts from 1 to 2 inches have fallen across the advisory area.
* Runoff from this heavy rainfall will cause minor flooding.
Locations in the advisory include... Airport Drive... Anderson...
Baxter Springs... big Sugar Creek State Park... Carl Junction...
Carona... Carterville... Carthage... Cassville... Cherokee...
Columbus... Diamond... Duenweg... Duquesne... Exeter... Fairview...
Galena... Goodman... Granby... Iron Gates... Joplin... Lanagan...
Leawood... McCune... Monett... Neosho... Noel... Oronogo... Pineville...
Purdy... Roaring River State Park... Saginaw... Sarcoxie... Scammon...
Seligman... Seneca... Shoal creek drive... Silver Creek... South West
City... Treece... Walnut... Washburn... Webb City... Weir... West Mineral
and Wheaton. Creeks... streams and low water crossings will be
especially susceptible to the dangers of flooding.
This advisory includes but is not limited to the following low water
Highway 43 at Buffalo Creek west of Anderson...
north main and Murphy Boulevard in Joplin...
business Highway 60 just north of Neosho...
Route y at Flat Creek just northeast of Cassville...
Highway 7 at little Cherry Creek north of Columbus.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to travel across
flooded roads. Find alternate routes. It takes only a few inches of
swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles away.
Lat... Lon 3650 9463 3699 9463 3700 9507 3761 9509
3734 9472 3734 9463 3725 9463 3721 9459
3720 9438 3709 9406 3693 9406 3692 9382
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 11:31 PM CDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a dense
fog advisory... which is in effect until 9 am CDT Thursday.
* Short term trends... surface observations and area web cams
indicate that visibility has dropped to at or below one quarter
of a mile in several locations across the advisory area. These
visibility restrictions are expected to persist through the
* Timing and areas affected... through the overnight hours tonight
into the mid morning hours Thursday morning across much of
* Visibility... less than one quarter mile visibility is expected
in many locations.
* Impacts... visibility may vary considerably over short
distances... with restrictions below one quarter mile expected.
This will result in hazardous driving conditions across the
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 1:45 AM CDT on September 18, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Springfield MO...
a record rainfall of 3.23 inches was set at Springfield MO
yesterday September 17th. This breaks the old record of 2.13 set in
Local Storm Report
09/17/2014 0205 PM
Shell Knob, Barry County.
Hail e1.00 inch, reported by public.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report