San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:09 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 am CDT Tuesday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Illinois and Missouri... including the following
counties... in Illinois... Bond IL... Calhoun IL... Clinton IL...
Fayette IL... Greene IL... Jersey IL... Macoupin IL... Madison
IL... Marion IL... Monroe IL... Montgomery IL... Randolph IL...
St. Clair IL and Washington IL. In Missouri... Callaway MO...
Cole MO... Crawford MO... Franklin MO... Gasconade MO... Iron
MO... Jefferson MO... Lincoln MO... Madison MO... Moniteau MO...
Montgomery MO... Osage MO... Pike MO... Reynolds MO... St.
Charles MO... St. Francois MO... St. Louis city MO... St. Louis
MO... Ste. Genevieve MO... Warren MO and Washington MO.
* Until 7 am CDT Tuesday
* thunderstorms producing heavy rainfall are expected to train
over the area tonight. Widespread rainfall amounts between
1.5 and 2 inches are expected... with localized rainfalls of 3
to 4 inches. Areas along and south of the Interstate 44
corridor in Missouri... and along and south of the Interstate
70 corridor in Illinois are expected to get the heaviest
amounts of rain tonight.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Weather Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report