San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:02 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through this
* high wave action and dangerous swimming conditions expected.
* Location... beaches from Caseville to Port Huron including...
Caseville... Sand Point... Port Crescent State Park... Port
Austin... Harbor Beach... Port Sanilac... Lexington... Birch
Beach... Lakeport... Fort Gratiot... Port Huron...
* overview/potential impacts... north to northeast winds will gust
up to 30 mph today. This will create the possibility for rip and
structural currents as well as longshore currents to develop.
Be sure of your swimming ability. Children should not enter the
water unsupervised and without a certified flotation device.
Caution should be used when in or near the water. Pay attention
to flags and signs posted near beach access points and lifeguard
A longshore current is a lake current that moves parallel to
shore. Longshore currents can be strong enough to prevent
swimmers from being able to keep their feet on the bottom...
making it difficult to return to shore.
To learn more about dangerous waves and currents please visit
dangerouscurrents.Org (all lower case)
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report