Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Southeast Aroostook
Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:41 AM EST on January 25, 2015
Expires 3:00 PM EST on January 28, 2015
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 8 PM this evening to 8 am
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Tuesday morning through
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Wind Chill
Advisory... which is in effect from 8 PM this evening to 8 am EST
Monday. A Winter Storm Watch has also been issued. This Winter
Storm Watch is in effect from Tuesday morning through Wednesday
* Locations... northern Maine.
* Hazard types... hazardous wind chills tonight into Monday morning.
Snow Tuesday into Wednesday.
* Wind chill readings... as low as 30 degrees below zero.
* Timing... snow will develop Tuesday morning and continue into
* Impacts... snow... possibly heavy at times... will likely result in
hazardous travel conditions Tuesday into Wednesday. Areas of
blowing snow will result in reduced visibility at times.
* Winds... north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 7 or more inches possible
Tuesday and into Wednesday.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:32 AM EST on January 25, 2015
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 24
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... cwop
observers... Skywarn spotters... facebook fans... and media for these
reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Aroostook County...
Houlton 2.8 115 am 1/25
Orient 1.0 723 PM 1/24
Littleton T 730 PM 1/24
... Hancock County...
Surry 2 E 8.8 1201 am 1/25
Ellsworth 8.0 822 PM 1/24
Brooksville 7.0 1221 am 1/25
Hancock 6.0 949 PM 1/24
Sedgwick 6.0 847 PM 1/24
Winter Harbor 6.0 1228 am 1/25
Gouldsboro 5.0 824 PM 1/24
Bucksport 5.0 1223 am 1/25
Bar Harbor 5.0 850 PM 1/24
Franklin 4.5 859 PM 1/24
Cranberry Isles 4.0 911 PM 1/24
Southwest Harbor 3.8 939 PM 1/24
Deer Isle 1.7 123 PM 1/24
... Penobscot County...
Orono 6.0 1015 PM 1/24
Springfield 5.0 952 PM 1/24
Stetson 5 ENE 5.0 939 PM 1/24
Bangor 5.0 1120 PM 1/24
Lincoln 4.0 958 PM 1/24
Greenbush 4.0 940 PM 1/24
Levant 3.0 829 PM 1/24
Milford 3.0 942 PM 1/24
Glenburn 3.0 812 PM 1/24
Dexter 1.0 729 PM 1/24
Millinocket T 727 PM 1/24
... Piscataquis County...
Brownville T 945 PM 1/24
Wellington T 728 PM 1/24
Willimantic T 946 PM 1/24
... Washington County...
Princeton 2 se 9.0 115 am 1/25
Millbridge 8.0 1221 am 1/25
Steuben 5.0 900 PM 1/24
Columbia 5.0 957 PM 1/24
Cherryfield 5.0 1222 am 1/25
Baring 1 S 5.0 916 PM 1/24
Dennysville 4.5 924 PM 1/24
Harrington 4.0 815 PM 1/24
Charlotte 3.8 905 PM 1/24
Machias 3.5 725 PM 1/24
East Machias 1 SW 3.5 609 PM 1/24
Lubec 3.0 831 PM 1/24
East Machias 3.0 927 PM 1/24
Machiasport 2.5 818 PM 1/24
Cutler 2.0 914 PM 1/24
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch , Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch
- New Jersey - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Special Weather Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Blizzard Watch , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report