Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Northern Somerset
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:11 AM EST on January 29, 2015
Expires 1:00 PM EST on January 31, 2015
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 4 am Friday to 1 PM EST
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect from 4 am
Friday to 1 PM EST Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer
* Locations... northwestern Maine down through the Central
Highlands to coastal Hancock County.
* Hazard types... snow and blowing snow.
* Timing... snow will develop early Friday morning and continue
through Saturday morning.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 6 to 12 inches with the
highest amounts in southern areas.
* Impacts... snow... possibly heavy at times... will likely result in
hazardous travel conditions. Areas of blowing snow may result in
poor visibility on Saturday.
* Winds... becoming north and increasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts
up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... temperatures will fall from the mid 20s to lower
30s on Friday to the single digits to lower teens by Saturday
* Visibilities... less than one half mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Statement as of 12:56 PM EST on January 28, 2015
... Record daily maximum snowfall set at Portland ME...
a record snowfall of 22.2 inches was set at Portland ME yesterday
January 27. This breaks the old record of 8.3 set in 1963.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Winter Storm Watch
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Dense Fog Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Freezing Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- North Dakota - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement