Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 3:33 AM EDT on September 29, 2016
Expires 5:45 AM EDT on September 29, 2016
... The Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 545 am EDT for
west central Worcester and central Wicomico counties...
At 326 am EDT... local law enforcement reported flooding in
Salisbury. Four to six inches of rain have fallen. Heavy rainfall
has ended in the warned area, but several roads in the Salisbury
area remain inundated. Please obey all Road closures and do not
drive through water. Additional rainfall is expected late this
morning through today. A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Salisbury... Fruitland... Salisbury University... Delmar... Hebron...
Green Hill... Chesapeake Heights... Trinity... Catchpenny... Lakewood...
Shad Point... Salisbury-Wicomico... Longridge and Allen.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... urban areas... highways... streets and underpasses
as well as other drainage areas and low lying spots.
A Flash Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring.
If you are in the warned area move to higher ground immediately.
Residents living along streams and creeks should take immediate
precautions to protect life and property.
Lat... Lon 3845 7549 3822 7547 3822 7558 3825 7560
3828 7561 3830 7566 3829 7569 3827 7570
3827 7572 3828 7573 3828 7574 3829 7575
3828 7577 3827 7578 3827 7579 3839 7576
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:24 AM EDT on September 29, 2016
Expires 5:15 AM EDT on September 29, 2016
216 am EDT Thu Sep 29 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through late tonight...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Maryland and Virginia... including the
following areas... in southeast Maryland... Dorchester...
Somerset and Wicomico. In Virginia... eastern Essex... eastern
King William... eastern King And Queen... Lancaster...
Middlesex... New Kent... Northumberland... Richmond... western
Essex... western King William... western King And Queen and
* Through late tonight
* locally heavy rainfall from showers and thunderstorms will
persist across the region overnight and continue through
Thursday night. Total rainfall amounts are expected to range
from 2 to 6 inches with locally higher amounts possible.
Excessive runoff from heavy rain increases the potential for
flooding across the area especially in low lying and poor
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
northeastern Worcester County in southeastern Maryland...
southeastern Wicomico County in southeastern Maryland...
* until 515 am EDT
* at 215 am EDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause Urban and Small Stream flooding in
the advisory area. Up to three inches of rain have already fallen.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Berlin... Parsonsburg... Newark... Ocean Pines... Pittsville...
Willards... Bishop... Whaleyville... Bishopville... Cedartown...
Melson... Showell... Whiton... Powellville and Ironshire.
Additional rainfall amounts of one to three inches are expected over
the area. This additional rain will cause minor flooding.
Turn around... don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated... or
ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 3845 7515 3818 7528 3821 7547 3845 7549
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory