Current Watches and Warnings
Massachusetts, Central Middlesex County
Statement as of 3:52 AM EST on January 25, 2015
Expires 1:00 AM EST on January 28, 2015
... Blizzard watch in effect from Monday evening through late
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a blizzard
watch... which is in effect from Monday evening through late
* Locations... eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
* Hazard types... heavy snow... strong winds and blizzard
conditions. Considerable blowing and drifting snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 18 to 24 inches.
* Timing... the worst of the storm will be Monday night through
* Impacts... heavy snow and strong winds will result in the
potential for blizzard conditions with near zero visibility.
Along the southeast New England coast... the snow may be wet
enough to result in some downed tree limbs and power outages.
Travel may become impossible and life threatening across the
entire region. This has the potential to be a historic storm.
* Winds... north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Temperatures... in the lower 20s.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
A blizzard watch means there is a potential for considerable
falling and/or blowing snow with sustained winds or frequent
gusts over 35 mph and visibilities below 1/4 mile for at least
3 hours. Whiteout conditions will be possible... making travel
very dangerous. Be prepared to alter any travel plans.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Winter Storm Watch
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Maryland - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Rhode Island - Blizzard Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report