Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, East Cameron
Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:33 PM CDT on May 01, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 02, 2016
913 PM CDT sun may 1 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory in effect until 7 PM CDT Monday...
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a coastal
Flood Advisory... which is in effect until 7 PM CDT Monday.
* Coastal flooding... tide levels will range between 3.0 and 3.5
MLLW around astronomical high tide.
* Impacts... minor flooding with water in low spots on area roads
near Sabine Pass... Cameron... Hackberry... Intracoastal City...
Delcambre... Cypremort Point... Franklin... and Morgan City.
Also... minor flooding with water across roads near Sabine Lake...
Calcasieu Lake and along the lower Calcasieu River south of the
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In southeast Texas... Hardin... Jefferson...
northern Jasper... northern Newton... Orange... southern Jasper...
southern Newton and Tyler.
* Through Monday evening
* rainfall amounts of two to four inches is possible in the
watch area... with locally higher amounts.
* Primary impacts will be flash flooding of low lying locations
especially in urban areas with poor drainage or along low
lying rural roads. Flooding of streams... creeks and bayous can
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement