Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, Lower Terrebonne
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:48 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
420 am CDT Sat Apr 18 2015
The National Weather Service in New Orleans has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for poor drainage areas
Lafourche Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
St. James Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
Terrebonne Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
southeastern Iberville Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
Assumption Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
Ascension Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
* until 945 am CDT
* at 641 am CDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to an
expanding area of thunderstorms moving inland from the Gulf of
Mexico. This will cause Urban and Small Stream flooding.
Overflowing poor drainage areas will result in minor flooding in
the advisory area.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Houma... Thibodaux... Gonzales... Donaldsonville... Napoleonville...
Galliano... cut off... LaRose... St. Gabriel... Lockport... Golden
Meadow... White Castle... Sorrento... Labadieville... Pierre Part...
Belle Rose... geismer... Dulac... Convent and Mathews.
Additional rainfall of two to three inches is expected over the
area... and most of this area remains saturated from recent heavy
rainfall. This additional rain will make minor flooding. If the
heavy rainfall lingers over the area... a Flash Flood Warning may be
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 2931 9034 2923 9040 2935 9043 2930 9047
2936 9052 2932 9050 2917 9077 2929 9113
2954 9127 2960 9107 2981 9109 2996 9125
3004 9122 3015 9147 3034 9086 2989 9067
2963 9020 2919 9007 2909 9024
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi...
including the following areas... in southeast Louisiana...
Ascension... Assumption... East Baton Rouge... East Feliciana...
Iberville... Livingston... lower Jefferson... lower Lafourche...
lower Plaquemines... lower St. Bernard... lower Terrebonne...
northern Tangipahoa... Orleans... Pointe Coupee... southern
Tangipahoa... St. Charles... St. Helena... St. James... St. John
The Baptist... St. Tammany... upper Jefferson... upper
Lafourche... upper Plaquemines... upper St. Bernard... upper
Terrebonne... Washington... West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana.
In southern Mississippi... Hancock... Harrison... Jackson and
* Through this evening
* several rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected to move
across southern Mississippi and southeast Louisiana today. These
thunderstorms could produce locally heavy rainfall totals of
one to three inches... on top of already saturated soils. Some
localized flooding could develop where these heavier rains fall.
* Areas that see heavy rainfall within a short time could
receive flood water to depths that would impact property and
people in those areas. Area creeks... streams and rivers are
also likely to experience rises... and some may rise to
bankfull or flood levels over the next several days.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rainfall that may lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a
very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory