Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, La Salle
Statement as of 3:35 PM CDT on August 16, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 17, 2017
... Heat advisory in effect from noon to 7 PM CDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a heat
advisory, which is in effect from noon to 7 PM CDT Thursday.
* Event... Thursday afternoon temperatures are expected to climb
into the middle 90s across deep East Texas and central
Louisiana. When combined with the high humidity, heat indices
will range from 105 to 109 degrees.
* Timing... from noon through 7 PM CDT.
* Impact... heat related illnesses will be more likely for those
outdoors, especially when out in direct sunlight.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room,
stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York -
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report