Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 10:00 PM CDT on May 27, 2016
Expires 12:17 PM EDT on May 31, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Missouri River at St Joseph.
* Until Tuesday morning.
* At 9:30 PM Friday the stage was 20.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 22.5 feet by
Saturday morning. The river will fall below flood stage late Monday
* At 21.0 feet... Riverfront Park in St. Joseph begins to flood.
* At 19.0 feet... backwater from the Missouri River floods property
along the Nodaway river at Nodaway, Missouri.
* At 17.0 feet... lowland flooding upstream and downstream from St.
location fs stage day/time forecast
St Joseph 17 20.0 Fri 09 PM 22.5 Saturday morning
lat... Lon 3991 9501 3990 9489 3975 9483 3964 9488 3970 9505
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:47 AM CDT on May 27, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 28, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Kansas and Missouri... including the following
areas... in Kansas... Atchison KS... Doniphan... Johnson KS...
Leavenworth... Linn KS... Miami and Wyandotte. In Missouri...
Andrew... Atchison MO... Bates... Buchanan... Caldwell... Cass...
Clay... Clinton... De Kalb... Gentry... Henry... Holt... Jackson...
Johnson MO... Lafayette... Nodaway... Platte... ray and Worth.
* Through Saturday morning
* several rounds of thunderstorms are expected across eastern
Kansas and western Missouri through tomorrow morning. This
additional rainfall combined with the rain that has already
fallen this week could lead to flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Massachusetts - Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Hurricane Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Freeze Warning
- Rhode Island - Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement