Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 7:28 PM CDT on August 28, 2016
Expires 2:30 PM EDT on August 29, 2016
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
northwestern Jasper County in northwestern Indiana...
southwestern Porter County in northwestern Indiana...
southeastern Lake County in northwestern Indiana...
* until 130 PM CDT Monday
* at 725 PM CDT... Doppler radar indicated rainfall had ended across
the warned area... though radar estimates indicate that widespread
rainfall of up to two inches had fallen earlier in the
afternoon... with local amounts in excess of four inches south of
the Hebron area. Lingering high water will be slow to recede...
with flooding likely affecting especially areas along the Kankakee
River south of Hebron into Monday.
This warning replaces the Flash Flood Warning previously in effect
for the same area.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Crown Point... Cedar Lake... Lowell... Hebron...
Lakes of the Four Seasons... Boone Grove...
Winfield and Lake Dalecarlia.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly. Move up to
higher ground to escape flood waters. Do not stay in areas subject to
flooding when water begins rising.
Lat... Lon 4121 8735 4125 8738 4127 8744 4139 8744
4144 8711 4126 8702
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Tropical Storm Watch , Hurricane Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Virginia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report