San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:14 PM CDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Des Plaines river near Russell
* until Friday morning.
* At 715 PM Tuesday the stage was 6.7 feet.
* Action stage is 6.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall.
* Impact... at 7.0 feet... water flows into surrounding farm and marsh
land near the river.
Lat... Lon 4251 8797 4247 8799 4239 8796 4239 8787
4247 8789 4250 8787
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:16 AM CDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on July 24, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through Thursday
* high wave action and dangerous swimming conditions expected.
* Forecast wave heights... waves 7 to 11 ft occasionally to 13 ft.
* Strong rip currents and structural currents expected.
High wave action makes swimming difficult and can tire even a
strong swimmer quickly.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Structural currents form along piers where longshore
currents and wave action flow into the structure. Rip currents
and structural currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Exposed beaches are more likely to experience the most
significant wave and current impacts.
Impacts at beaches with protective breakwalls or jetties will be
subject to orientation of structures as well as wind and wave
For information on swim advisories or bans at Chicago beaches
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
Then after doing the survey visit US at http://weather.Gov/Chicago
Follow US on facebook... twitter... and youtube at:
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report