San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:32 PM CDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Heat advisory in effect from noon to 7 PM CDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from noon to 7 PM CDT Friday.
* Timing... temperatures will warm rapidly on Friday... approaching
the 90 degree mark by moon.
* Temperature... high temperatures will reach the low to mid 90s.
Dew point temperatures will rise into the low to mid 70s. This
combination will produce heat index values around 105 degrees
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-conditioned
room... stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside.
When possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning
or evening. Know the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and
drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome
by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat
stroke is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement