Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:55 PM CDT on August 29, 2016
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Tuesday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Omaha/valley has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include portions of southwest Iowa and
southeast Nebraska... including the following areas... in
southwest Iowa... Mills and Montgomery. In southeast Nebraska...
* Through Tuesday afternoon
* heavy rain from 1 to 3 inches fell across parts of the area this
evening. Additional heavy rain with slow moving thunderstorms
are possible in these same areas through Tuesday.
* Very heavy rainfall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour will be
possible with thunderstorms that form through Tuesday.
Flooding of low lying areas could occur... along with ponding
of water on roadways. Flash flooding may occur along small
streams and creeks.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Delaware - Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Hurricane Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch
- Missouri - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning