Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:39 PM CDT on May 04, 2015
Expires 10:30 PM EDT on May 04, 2015
... Strong thunderstorm capable of small hail...
At 839 PM CDT... Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm 8
miles southeast of Knoxville... moving northeast at 30 mph.
Dime size hail and winds in excess of 30 mph will be possible with
Locations impacted include...
Oskaloosa... Pella... New Sharon... Beacon... University Park... Bussey...
Harvey... Rose Hill... Leighton... Hamilton... Marysville and Lake Keomah
Lat... Lon 4116 9290 4116 9297 4129 9309 4151 9270
4151 9261 4134 9241
time... Mot... loc 0139z 235deg 27kt 4124 9298
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:24 PM CDT on May 04, 2015
... NOAA Weather Radio wxl-57 at Des Moines will have a degraded
signal until further notice...
The NOAA Weather Radio transmitter wxl-57 at Des Moines Iowa is
experiencing a degraded signal. Technicians have been notified
but there is no estimated restore time. People with NOAA weather
radios in the wxl-57 listening area may not receive watch and
warning information for the duration of the degraded signal.
The Des Moines NOAA Weather Radio broadcasts on channel 7... or a
frequency of 162.550 mhz... and services the following counties in
Iowa... Adair... Boone... Clarke... Dallas... Greene... Guthrie... Jasper...
Madison... Marion... Polk... story... and Warren.
Neighboring transmitters that service some of these counties include
wxk-84 at Fort Dodge broadcasting on channel 1 or 162.400 mhz... kxi-
98 at Marshalltown broadcasting on channel 5 or 162.500 mhz... kxi-
62 at Montezuma broadcasting on channel 3 or 162.450 mhz... kzz-68 at
Van Wert broadcasting on channel 4 or 162.475 mhz... kxi-65 at Lenox
broadcasting on channel 3 or 162.450 mhz... and kzz-51 at Carroll
broadcasting on channel 2 or 162.425 mhz.
We apologize for any inconvenience and will have full service
restored as soon as possible.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Watch
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement