Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Windward Haleakala
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:27 AM HST on August 27, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Kauai... Lanai... Maui... Molokai... Niihau... Oahu and The Big
* Until 6 PM HST this evening.
* A very moist and unstable air mass remains over the state.
Although little shower activity and cloud cover will be observed
early this morning... heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms
will develop rapidly as the land heats up during the late
morning and afternoon hours. Grounds are already saturated from
recent rainfall... and flash flooding could occur very quickly.
Heavy rainfall could develop on all islands... though the
greatest threat will be across the smaller islands.
Please continue to monitor the weather forecast and keep a
reliable way to receive warnings for your location. Campers and
hikers should consider rescheduling their Outing to a time when
weather is expected to be more favorable. Remember... it does not
have to be raining heavily where you are for flash flooding to
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Never drive
into areas where water covers the Road.
Statement as of 2:49 AM HST on August 27, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Honolulu HI...
A record high temperature of 88 degrees was set at Hilo hi
yesterday. This ties the old record of 88 set in 2007.
A record rainfall of 1.93 inches was set at Honolulu HI yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 0.27 set in 1947.
The high temperature at Kahului hi reached 91 degrees yesterday...
which was not a record for the date.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report