San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch
Statement as of 3:32 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 02, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am to 9 PM EDT Saturday...
... Freeze watch in effect from late Saturday night through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 7 am to 9 PM EDT Saturday. A
freeze watch has also been issued. This freeze watch is in effect
from late Saturday night through Sunday morning.
* Locations... north and most of central Georgia.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. These
winds will also result in wind chill values in the lower 20s
* Timing... Wind Advisory all day Saturday. Freeze watch late
Saturday night through Sunday morning.
* Impacts... strong winds could cause driving difficulties. Loose
or unsecured items may be blown around. Freezing temperatures
Saturday night could damage or kill vegetation.
* Temperatures... lows tonight in the mid to upper 30s. Highs
Saturday in the upper 40s to lower 50s. Lows Saturday night in
the upper 20s to lower 30s.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph... or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
A freeze watch means conditions are favorable for a freeze event
in and close to the watch area. Those with
agricultural interests in the watch area should make
preparations to protect sensitive vegetation and Young trees.
Statement as of 3:41 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Rain and snow mix expected across parts of north Georgia early
The combination of cold air spreading down from the north and
moisture associated with an upper low pressure system pushing
across the Tennessee Valley... will bring a chance for a mix of
rain and snow across parts of north Georgia late tonight and early
Light rain could change over to a mix of rain and snow between
midnight and 4 am Saturday morning... and this mix could persist
through mid to late Saturday morning. A complete change over to
brief periods of mainly flurries is possible... however... little
to no accumulations are expected for areas outside of the Winter
Weather Advisory area that has been posted for parts of north
central and northeast Georgia. Please see the latest wswffc for
further details on the Winter Weather Advisory area.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Air Quality Alert
- - Gale Warning