Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Inland Palm Beach County
Statement as of 3:04 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
... Significant weather advisory for frequent to excessive lightning
and 45 to 55 mph winds for Broward... southern Palm Beach... east
central Collier... Miami-Dade... southeastern Hendry and northeastern
Mainland Monroe counties until 400 PM EDT...
* at 302 PM EDT... Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm
over intersection Alligator alley and Miami canal... or 20 miles
northwest of Pembroke Pines... moving east at 20 mph. Additional
strong storms are developing across the area.
* The primary impacts will be frequent to excessive lightning and
gusty winds of 45 to 55 mph. Lightning is the number one weather
related killer in Florida. Trees and open shelters offer no
protection. These winds can down small tree limbs and branches...
and blow around unsecured small objects. Seek shelter in a safe
building until the storm passes.
* Locations impacted include...
Miami... Hialeah... Fort Lauderdale... Pembroke Pines... Hollywood...
Miramar... Coral Springs... Pompano Beach... Davie... Miami Beach...
Plantation... sunrise... Boca Raton... Deerfield Beach... Boynton Beach...
Delray Beach... Homestead... Tamarac... Margate and Coral Gables.
Torrential rainfall is also occurring with these storms... and may
lead to street flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded
Motorists driving on main interstates and highways should exercise
extreme caution while driving in heavy rain. Slow down and allow
extra space between vehicles.
Residents should remain on the alert for additional statements and
Lat... Lon 2648 8003 2612 8009 2540 8014 2536 8015
2564 8087 2666 8091 2667 8066
time... Mot... loc 1902z 256deg 18kt 2614 8064
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 8:54 AM EDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 07, 2016
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Friday morning through
Saturday evening for low relative humidity and dry fuels for fire
063... 066... 067... 068... 069... 070... 071... 072... 073... 074... 075...
168... 172... 173 and 174...
The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a Fire Weather
Watch... which is in effect from Friday morning through Saturday
* Affected area... fire weather zones 063... 066... 067... 068...
069... 070... 071... 072... 073... 074... 075... 168... 172... 173 and
* Wind... wind across South Florida will range from 10 to 15 miles
per hour with gusts 15 to 20 miles per hour possible, with
Friday seeing the stronger wind and gustier conditions.
* Humidity... relative humidity will drop in the low to mid 30's on
Friday, and in the mid 20's to around 30 percent on Saturday.
* Energy release component (erc)... erc is not forecast for those
periods as of yet, however, Florida Forest service has reported
fuels will likely become volatile by Friday and Saturday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Statement as of 4:22 PM EDT on May 03, 2016
... Record high temperature set at West Palm Beach...
a record high temperature of 93 degrees was set at West Palm Beach today.
This breaks the old record of 91 last set in 1986.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory