Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:45 PM EDT on August 29, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2015
... Flood Watch in effect from Sunday morning through Monday
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has
* Flood Watch for portions of FL and Florida... including the
following in FL... coastal ... Charlotte... coastal Hernando...
coastal Hillsborough... coastal Lee... coastal Manatee... coastal
Pasco... coastal Sarasota... inland Charlotte... inland
Hernando... inland Hillsborough... inland Lee... inland Manatee...
inland Pasco and inland Sarasota. In Florida... DeSoto...
Hardee... Highlands... Pinellas and Polk.
* From Sunday morning through Monday evening
* deep tropical moisture over the region combined with the
tropical moisture from the remnants of Erika currently over
central Cuba will create a threat for very heavy rainfall across
west central and southwest Florida through Monday. 3 to 5 inches
of rain with locally higher amounts is possible.
* Heavy rain may create significant flooding of streets... urban
areas... and low lying flood prone areas. Additional river
flooding may develop across west central Florida... and flooding
will likely be exacerbated on rivers currently in flood.
A Flood Watch means that flooding is possible during the next
24 to 36 hours. Residents living in flood prone areas should take
action to protect property.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement