San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Santa Rosa
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 11:40 PM CDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 29, 2014
... High rip current risk remains in effect until 7 am CDT
* timing... through early Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... dangerous rip currents will persist with numerous to
widespread rip currents likely.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new rip current hazard...
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement