Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, North and Northeast Elbert County Below 6000 Feet/North Lincoln County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on June 28, 2016
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
28 in 1873... there was a great deal of smoke over the city from
Forest fires in the mountains.
In 1875... smoke from Forest fires in the foothills south of
Denver were visible from the city.
In 1913... an apparent dry microburst produced southwest winds
sustained to 44 mph with gusts to 48 mph in the city.
In 1925... a thunderstorm produced north winds sustained to
38 mph with gusts to 44 mph.
In 1958... a microburst caused a brief wind gust to 58 mph at
In 1964... lightning struck several homes in Metro Denver...
sparking fires. Some flooding occurred in the stockyards
area... at west 45th Avenue and St. Paul street... and along
In 1997... strong microburst winds of unknown speed downed
several trees... signs... and at least one light pole in The
Fort Lupton area. Two trees knocked over by the storm
downed power lines causing scattered outages.
In 2002... a thunderstorm wind gust to 60 mph was recorded in
In 2005... severe thunderstorms produced wind gusts to 66 mph
near Longmont and to 60 mph near Niwot. No damage was
reported. A thunderstorm produced a wind gust to 55 mph
at Denver International Airport during the afternoon.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Special Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report