San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Grand and Summit Counties Below 9000 Feet
Statement as of 6:00 AM MDT on September 30, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Denver...
A record rainfall of 1.01 inches was set at Denver yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 0.96 inch set in 1959.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on October 01, 2014
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
30-1 in 1959... heavy snowfall totaled 5.9 inches at Stapleton
Airport. Winds were light.
1 in 1892... the highest temperature ever recorded in October...
90 degrees... occurred. This is also the latest 90 degree
reading of the season.
In 1898... southwest winds were sustained to 40 mph with
gusts to 49 mph in the city.
In 1927... a trace of snow was the only snow of the month...
ranking the year... amongst several other years... the
second least snowiest on record.
In 1971... a wind gust to 90 mph was recorded at Buckley
field in Aurora. The severe winds caused damage in
northeast Metro Denver. A brick wall of a bowling alley
was blown down... the roof was blown off a garage... and some
business signs were damaged. A man in the bowling alley
was injured by flying glass. Northwest winds gusted to
43 mph at Stapleton International Airport.
In 1994... unusually strong thunderstorms for so late in the
season pummeled Metro Denver with large hail. The largest
hail... 2 inches in diameter... fell at Buckley field. Hail
1 3/4 inches in diameter fell 7 miles northeast of Boulder
and at Niwot. Hail 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter fell in
Boulder... Arvada... Wheat Ridge... Edgewater... Capitol Hill and
northwest Denver... Bennett... and Strasburg. Hail of unknown
size damaged a boeing 737 aircraft and injured both pilots
at Stapleton International Airport when the windshield was
broken out on takeoff. Half inch diameter hail fell at
Stapleton International Airport where northwest winds
gusted to 40 mph and rainfall totaled 0.82 inch.
In 2009... strong downslope winds near the foothills produced
a peak wind gust to 84 mph at the National wind technology
center near Rocky Flats.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Colorado - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Freeze Watch
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Hard Freeze Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report