San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Paradox Valley/Little Dolores River
Special Weather Statement
Statement as of 10:47 AM MST on November 20, 2014
Expires 4:30 PM EST on December 20, 2014
... Strong winter storm is possible this weekend...
The first in a series of Pacific weather systems will move across
the region today followed by a second disturbance passing to the
south on Friday. No significant snowfall is expected from these
However... a third and much stronger Pacific storm will arrive
Saturday and could bring significant mountain snowfall through the
weekend. The valleys of western Colorado and eastern Utah may also
see some snow.
For elevations above 9000 feet in the northwest and central
mountains of western Colorado... early indicators suggest that more
than 12 inches of snow could fall within a 24-hour period Saturday
evening through Sunday night. For other mountain areas... 6 to 12
inches of snow are possible. Considerable blowing and drifting
snow will accompany the heavy snowfall possibly resulting in near
whiteout conditions over the mountain passes.
Periods of snow may continue from Sunday afternoon through Tuesday
as favorable northwesterly flow sets up. More significant snowfall
and gusty winds above timberline may continue.
Anyone planning travel or outdoor activities into the high country
this weekend and early next week should monitor the latest forecasts.
Be prepared for sudden changes in the weather... especially
Saturday afternoon and evening. Visit www.Weather.Gov/gjt for the
latest information on this developing winter storm.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:53 AM MST on November 23, 2014
The following are preliminary 24 hour precipitation reports from
western Colorado and eastern Utah, ending around 8 am Sunday. The
first value is rainfall or water amounts in snow, and the second
value is snowfall, when appropriate. Amounts are in inches.
Western Colorado and eastern Utah 24 hour stations:
Grand Junction, 0.11.
Official climate stations of eastern utah:
Monticello #2, 0.10, 1.0.
1 mile east of Mesa, 0.10.
2 miles north of Wolcott, 0.31, 3.8.
4 miles northeast of Cedaredge, 2.5.
15 miles west of Montrose, 0.08, 1.0.
Climate reference network sites of western colorado:
2 miles east of Dinosaur, 0.20.
11 miles northeast of Montrose, 0.18.
The following are snowfall estimates from mountain snotel
observation sites over the last 24 hours and so far with this storm.
Northwest Colorado mountains:
Park Range and elkheads: 5 to 12 inches, with 15 at tower.
Flattops: 5 to 10 inches.
West central Colorado mountains:
grand mesa: 4 to 8 inches.
Gore and Elk mountains: 4 to 8 inches.
West elks and Sawatch range: 6 to 10 inches.
Southwest Colorado mountains:
uncompaghre plateau: about 3 inches at Columbine Pass.
Northwest san juans: 3 to 6 inches.
Southwest san juans: 1 to 3 inches.
Eastern Utah mountains:
eastern uintas: 2 to 4 inches.
Tavaputs plateau: about 2 inches.
La sals: 2 to 4 inches.
Abajos: less than an inch.
********************Storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Eagle County...
5 E Vail 2.0 842 PM 11/22 public
... Routt County...
1 se Steamboat Sprin 4.0 336 am 11/23 snowfall since 7 am
... San Juan County...
Silverton 4.0 300 am 11/23 co-op observer
... Daggett County...
15 WSW Manila 3.0 600 PM 11/22 snotel
... Uintah County...
15 SSW Flaming Gorge 6.0 500 PM 11/22 snotel
1 SW Vernal 1.5 107 am 11/23 public
12 NW Vernal 1.0 830 PM 11/22 public
- Alabama - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch , Special Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Georgia - Tornado Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Wind Advisory
- Indiana - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- Maryland - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Statement , Wind Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Missouri - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Lakeshore Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Wind Advisory
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Coastal Flood Statement , Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- West Virginia - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Tornado Watch
- - Gale Watch