Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Upper Gunnison River Valley
Statement as of 11:00 AM MST on November 17, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EST on November 17, 2017
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM MST this evening...
* locations include... Rangely, Dinosaur, Craig, Hayden, Meeker,
Grand Junction, Fruita, Palisade, De Beque, New Castle, Mesa,
Parachute, Rifle, Silt, Eagle, Edwards, Glenwood Springs,
Carbondale, Montrose, Hotchkiss, Delta, Gunnison, Cimarron,
Blanding, Moab, Castle Valley, Canyonlands National Park, Dead
Horse Point State Park, and Fry Canyon.
* Winds... southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph through
early afternoon. Winds switch to the northwest with the cold
front passage when winds could gust up to 55 mph.
* Timing... through this evening
* impacts... gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down. Travel may be difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that a significant wind event is expected
or occurring. Winds this strong can make driving difficult. Use
People, especially those with respiratory illnesses, heart
disease, the elderly, and children are recommended to stay
indoors and avoid prolonged outdoor exercise or heavy exertion
due to wind-blown dust.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 12:04 PM MST on November 17, 2017
Expires 2:04 AM EST on November 18, 2017
... Wind reports...
Location speed time/date lat/Lon
... Garfield County...
Douglas Pass - 26 N Mack 60 mph 0821 am 11/17 39.60n/108.81w
sunlight mountain 53 mph 0912 am 11/17 39.43n/107.38w
... Gunnison County...
Monarch Pass 66 mph 0852 am 11/17 38.50n/106.32w
Huntsman Mesa - 3 NNE powder 45 mph 0948 am 11/17 38.33n/107.09w
... Moffat County...
Craig Airport 46 mph 1002 am 11/17 40.50n/107.52w
... Ouray County...
1 NW Red Mountain Pass 77 mph 0800 am 11/17 37.91n/107.73w
Mt abrahms 59 mph 0800 am 11/17 37.96n/107.65w
... Rio Blanco County...
dead horse - 13 ENE Buford 53 mph 1057 am 11/17 40.08n/107.37w
Meeker Airport 48 mph 1013 am 11/17 40.05n/107.89w
dragon Road - 13 SSW Rangely 45 mph 1018 am 11/17 39.92n/108.89w
... Routt County...
2 ESE Hayden 48 mph 0904 am 11/17 40.48n/107.22w
Storm Peak observatory 48 mph 0910 am 11/17 40.46n/106.74w
... San Juan County...
2 SW Red Mountain Pass 80 mph 0800 am 11/17 37.88n/107.74w
Kendall Mountain 67 mph 0800 am 11/17 37.79n/107.64w
... San Miguel County...
Telluride regional Arpt 45 mph 0955 am 11/17 37.95n/107.91w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. We thank all volunteer weather observers
for their dedication. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Wind Advisory
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Kentucky - Wind Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Wind Advisory
- Missouri - Wind Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Lakeshore Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Wind Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Wind Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Gale Warning