Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Upper Yampa River Basin
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 9:50 PM MST on December 18, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on December 19, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 7 am MST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a dense
fog advisory... which is in effect until 7 am MST Friday.
* Timing... areas of dense fog will impact portions of
Moffat... Routt... and Rio Blanco counties intermittently through
* Visibility... fog will cause widespread visibility of 1/2 mile
or less... and will drop below 1/4 mile in some areas.
* Impacts... driving will be difficult due to poor visibility.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 3:41 PM MST on December 18, 2014
Expires 9:45 AM EST on December 19, 2014
... Significant mountain snowfall possible Sunday afternoon into
Tuesday... with another storm possible on Christmas day...
Inclement weather will be hanging around eastern Utah and western
Colorado for at least another week as a series of Pacific storms
move through the region. Light snow will remain a threat mainly
across the northeast Utah and north-central Colorado mountains
through Sunday... with a small break coming Friday afternoon and
By late Sunday... upper level winds will be swinging around to the
northwest sending a series of very moist disturbances into the
northern and central mountains of western Colorado. This favorable
wind flow combined with the Pacific moisture may result in a
prolonged period of moderate to heavy snowfall from Vail Pass
northward to the Wyoming state line near Steamboat Springs. Early
indications suggest well over a foot of new snow will be possible
between Sunday afternoon and late Tuesday evening. Much of the
central Colorado mountains will also experience some snow Sunday
night and Monday.
Long range computer models suggest another storm will pass through
the region Christmas eve or on Christmas day. This storm will be
colder with the potential to bring snow to even the lower valleys
of eastern Utah and western Colorado.
With heavy Holiday travel anticipated... the impact from any
snowfall late this weekend through Christmas day may result in
significant delays. Plan ahead and check the latest forecast
before traveling across eastern Utah and western Colorado.
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Special Weather Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory
- Utah - Special Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement