San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Fransisco Peninsula Coast
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 8:48 PM PDT on October 19, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from 3 am PDT Monday
through Tuesday evening...
* location... coastline from Sonoma County south through Monterey
County. In particular west and northwest facing beaches...
including but not limited to... Ocean Beach... Montara State
Beach... Halfmoon Bay state beach... Manresa State Beach and
Marina state beach.
* Timing... late Sunday night through Tuesday night.
* Impacts... large breakers with increased risk of rip currents
and sneaker waves.
A beach hazard statement for rip currents means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of strong rip currents.
Rip currents are typically more frequent and stronger in the
vicinity of jetties... inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a
rip current should swim parallel to the coast to escape the rip
current before trying to swim for shore. Swimmers should always
swim near a lifeguard.
A beach hazard statement for sneaker waves means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of unsuspecting beach
goers being swept into the sea by a wave. People walking along
the beach should never turn their back to the sea. Fisherman
should avoid fishing from rocks or jetties.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Freeze Warning
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning