San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
California, Coastal North Bay Including Point Reyes National Seashore
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:17 PM PDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Beach hazards statement now in effect through late tonight...
* location... coastal sections of Marin and Santa Cruz counties.
In particular south and southwest facing beaches... including
but not limited to... Stinson Beach... Santa Cruz boardwalk
beach and Twin Lakes Beach.
* Timing... through at least Friday night.
* Impacts... increased risk of dangerous rip currents and large
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a beach hazard statement for
rip currents means that conditions are present to support a
heightened risk of strong rip currents. Rip currents are
typically more frequent and stronger in the vicinity of jetties...
inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a rip current should swim
parallel to the coast to escape the rip current before trying to
swim for shore. Swimmers should always swim near a lifeguard.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report