Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:45 PM PDT on April 01, 2015
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on April 02, 2015
... Sierra snow with valley rain likely Sunday through Tuesday...
*hazardous travel likely across the mountains with chain controls
and travel delays.
*Locally heavy rain and small hail possible from thunderstorms.
.Timing and strength...
*first system: Saturday night through Sunday. A few inches of
snow possible above 4000 ft.
*Second system: Tuesday. This system may bring a shorter but more
intense round of precipitation.
*a long period of mostly fair and warm conditions will be coming
to an end this weekend as a series of low pressure systems moves
through northern California. The greatest impact will likely be
to the Sierra... where potentially a foot of snow could fall
along the passes over the course of a few days. Given the long
stretch of warm weather... it is recommended to be prepared for
wintry driving this weekend into early next week.
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Freeze Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Utah - Freeze Watch , Hard Freeze Watch , Hard Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report