Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys-The Inland Empire
Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory
Statement as of 10:00 PM PDT on September 24, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PDT Sunday...
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 11 am Sunday to 8 PM PDT
* winds... northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph... except
gusts to 55 mph below the Cajon Pass and through the Santa Ana
* Timing for winds... strongest late Sunday morning.
* Location for winds... strongest winds below passes and canyons
and near the coastal foothills.
* Temperatures... highs in the valleys and inland Orange County of
95 to 105 with 90s in the Santa Ana Mountains.
* Impacts... over exposure to heat could lead to heat illness
especially for people at risk... including the elderly and
children. Pets are also at risk. Hazardous driving conditions
for high profile vehicles.
* Outlook..slow cooling for Tuesday with greater cooling for
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 10:03 PM PDT on September 24, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 3 PM PDT Monday for
strong winds and low humidity for the inland Empire... the Santa
* winds... areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
mph... except 20 to 30 mph with gusts 45 to 55 below the Cajon
Pass... and through and along the Santa Ana Mountains and
foothills Sunday and Monday mornings.
* Humidity... lowest of 6 to 12 percent with poor overnight
* Outlook... gradual cooling with higher humidity and weaker
winds Tuesday into Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that start may exhibit extreme fire
behavior and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and heat will contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- New York - Frost Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement